Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Graeme

Help with TNT2 Model 64 under win2k

Hello everyone.. I've got a generic (sad, i know, i don't have a deep pocket) TNT2 Model 64 card (AGP)

I'm running Windows2k Professional and ive read around that professional supports this card in 3d modes. It aint working.

Does ANYONE have any advice to give here, or could someone point me to known drivers that WORK..

Thanks a lot for your support, i'll be waiting for a response.. So, stick around smile

- Graeme Blair

annoyed win2k user

Please, someone.. help me! lol

im pulling my hair out here: i formatted and downgraded to professional from Advanced server to get the support, and it doens't work!

system specs are as follows:

Celeron 366@458mhz

256mb ram

TNT2 M64 (32mb)

Win2k Pro Final

What do u mean by saying that ya card ain't working? U can't see anything after u install Win2k or u can't play games or what ?????????

If just 3d games not working then get new drivers: http://win2kbox.cjb.net/

TO install, change ya video card to Generic, in safe mode delete all drivers for it, clean any registry entrys for Nvidia and then install new drivers.

[This message has been edited by Igor (edited 30 January 2000).]

Thanks, Igor, i'm just about to try that now..

I'll post my results!

- Graeme

Optimistic win2k user

Igor - i may be doing something wrong here, and i'm not COMPLETELY framilier with Win2k, but, first off, how do you change it to Generic? If you remove the card and reinstall it Windows installs the drivers it has on file automatically. i can't even chose what drivers (i've got the ones from that site) i want to use..

Can you explain a bit more for me, please? thanks!

No offense, but are you daft?

It is VERY simple to change drivers.

Extract them from the .zip file to a temp directory. Open the Device Manager. Go to the Video Card. Click the "driver" tab. Click "update driver". Go to "display a list of other drivers". Click "have disk". Input the location where you extracted the drivers to.

Reboot, once the drivers install.

Viola.

Sorry if this is slightly incoherent, but I'm drunk at the moment.

------------------

Just once, I'd like to see an elementary particle physicist use *ZOT* when referring to accelerator operations. Is that too much to ask?