Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
master_t

file corruption

Hi all, several months ago I was took out my WD 200G HD and put it on my server computer which already had 3 other HD (1 WD 200G, 1 160G WD and 1 80G Seagate). Plugged in the HD and boot up the computer and it does the Window CheckDisk for Consistancy stuff and the next thing I know is that some of the files aren't working. I have lot of Divx files (170G worth) and one half to 2/3 of them are not working. Windows recognize that they are AVI files, but they won't play on any divx player. What sucks the most is all my family album from my digital camera is corrupted. Again Windows recongize that they are JPEG. Well, I think Windows recognizes it, because they have the JPEG icon for the file, but when you double click it, it say error unknown file, same for the Divx files. Is there any fix to this?

I've used tried to use a restorer program (Restorer2000 something like that) and put the file on a different HD, but it didn't work, same problem as above, it recognize the file, but it can't open it.

Thank in advance for your help.

master_t