Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Weegrim2008

xp pro help

Iv been given a copy of xp pro from a friends company, and its fully sealed and never been used, the wrapping its in is not open at all. The only thing with it is that it does not have a product key with it. I would like to know if there is any way I can get a key for it. If phone microsoft and give them the cd serial codes and the codes off the wrapper, would they give me the key I need. I mean they must have some way of giving people a key that have lost them. So do yous think they could help me. Or is there anyother way I can get help?

Thanks in advance for all the help you can give me this matter.

Weegrim2008.

I can assure everyone that this is a legit copy and is not a pirate cd.

If you wish i can provide a photograph of it as proof.

It really just depends. Since this is a company copy and was probably part of a "wholesale" package, their keys are sometimes special allowing one copy to be put on several machines using the same CD or slipstreaming across a network. In that case it might be a no-go. On the other hand, many of the telephone operators at Microsoft are very helpful and courteous, and just may provide you with a key. Call them and give it a try.

Just ask your friend who gave it to you for the key.

However, when we get copies of CDs where i work we are given a key and told that we are not to give it out no matter what, or we face the same consequences of the person using it, what ever that means.

Jonno

you have no chance in getting a corp serial for xpp.

the disks are to be used with the licences issued by mircosoft to the corporation who has bulk bought them in probably microsofts assurance scheme.

you are not legally entitled to use the Corp edition