Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
jarves

mandrake 10 problems

i have a dell computer and i installed mandrake 10 and my problem is that i recieve errors, like fatal error something. i think its something about the monitors display because after installing it nothing will appear in the monitor but just corrupted images or something.

What whall i do???

Open a terminal and as root run

XFdrake [enter]

Go with the lowest possible resolution to begin with, and change between the 2 different versions of XFree86. Also, and most importantly, find the exact model of your monitor on the back of it, and match it exactly in the list of monitors provided.

What video card are you running?

my monitor is dell e551c and my video is interl 82845...

when i installed it there was an option on which x srver to install and the default option was the intel 845 , i tried it but it didnt work. there was an option in which dell and there were two to choose , i already tried both and it did not work either. i already tried to install in the lowest resolution and tried different resolutions like: 1024 X 768 and the lowest but it did not work.

TNX!!!

my video is ok now!!!

how do i configure back the mouse?? what command should i use??

XFdrake onle configures the monitor and display settings, how can i change the mouse settings within the mandrake environment???

do i have to install everything back from scratch???

jarves you need to really get familiar with everything in the Mandrake Control Center. It will be in your menu. There are many tools in there for configuring your system including mousedrake which will help you configure your mouse just like at install. The more familiar you are with the Mandrake Control Center, the more you will have control over your box.

If you cannot use your mouse at all, power off your box, unplug it, then boot back up. Mandrake should see the mouse is gone. Then power down, reinstall the mouse and boot. Mandrake should then find and help you configure it.

Let me know if this doesn't work.

Good Luck! smile

my lancard is bcm4400, any knowledge where i can find a driver for it in mandrake 10???

i tried the driver you gave me but i get errors whenn i compile it...

my lancard is already detected and i inputed all the necessary data including the ip add, gateway, etc but still i cannnot network my mandrake.

when i try to ping my gateway i recieve mesgs like destination host unreachable.

Hi guys ..

i have the same proplem as jarves , i have intel 82845 graphics card and the mandrake 10 cannot recognize it ..

u havn,t mention the solution , can u help me plzz ..

thanks