Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Niels82

SSL and gaim

Hey

I installed gaim package for fedora core 2, this is what gaim FAQ-ssl says that I gotta do to solve the ssl problem (connecting to msn)

However I still get that error, I cant connect cause I lack support for SSL.. what am i suppose to do? Ive searched around for the answer but i cant really find anything useful

I'm using Fedora Core 2 but i don;t experience the problems ur facing. I can connect to MSN perfectly.

I can also run it fine using Kopete program, however Gaim gives me this:

"Niels has been disconnected.

thu Jun 17 <time>

SSL support is needed for MSN. Please install a supported SSL library. See http://gaim.sf.net/faq-ssl.hp for more inforamtion"

I went to that URL but it didnt help..

So where can I get a supported SSL library ?

i got it working now.. think i had some old stuff in my system that messed it up (older version)

whats up with if you chose MSN though, you type in "screen name" password and "alias" ..

where do i write my email? its not hotmail.com but a .net i got, and is alias or screen name my "nick" when messaging ?

Hi

Looks like I got the same problem as u guys.

U say u got the MSN-part of gaim working.

How did u manage to do that? As u said, the

http://gaim.sf.net/faq-ssl.php didn't

do much good. :x

Can u please help me befor I go nuts?!

I've had problems with Gaim trying to use Yahoo Messenger. The last release kept saying my password was invalid. I did a RPM-Update with apt-get rpm, there was a fix in there and now it's working fine.

What distro are you using? I would make sure I had the latest updated version.

I have Red Hat 9, and I get that same error. I installed apt, but when I try to update, the connection times out. The server it's trying to contact is down. Does ANYBODY know where to get the libraries for ssl for gaim?