Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
lithium

StarCraft under wine problem

i try to run sc under wine but i have a problem. when i login as a root starcraft runs properly but there is no response from my keyboard and mouse and then my system crash. I have Red Hat 9.0 and wine 05.05.2004. Can you help me?? PLZ!!!

Many of the problems associated with running StarCraft under wine can be resolved by using Winex3. It can be had for a minimal monthly fee, with a three month minimum. I think it's like $3.00 a month so three months would only cost $15.00 total.

Under Winex3, StarCraft plays a little bit jerky, but other than that, there are no real problems and you can play it at full screen.

I don't like paying for software to run Windows programs under Linux, but to me it's worth it to be free of Windows. smile

but is there any solution of this situation without paying?? I don't like to pay for linux soft either. There has to possible solution for the problem...

You can use the "free" version of Winex, but it has to me compiled. Check with Transgaming.com for more info.

I just checked there, and they're trying to get a whole new web look up so it's pretty chaotic over there right now. You might want to wait a day or so..

Thanx a lot. But I've read an article and this problem is because of DGA under Xwin. You know I'm a rookie and I don't know how to leave Xwin under RedHat9... Can you help me... ;] crtl+alt+backspace didn't work... Ah, and when I don't use DGA my SC run in a window and very slow.

You cannot run Starcraft unless you are in Xwindows. If Winex3 is not an option for you, try googling:

Starcraft wine full screen

And see what comes up.

certain versions of wine lhave this problem on and off. That version did the same thing for me with starcraft, but wine 20040814 worked perfectly - not even jerkily. If you can get over not wanting to pay for software - it works absolutely perfectly under CXOffice - multiplayer and all - though you have to enable IPX under linux first.

ipx_interface -p 802.2 0x12345678

I think thats the command - google search it - it will tell you - there is a great complete linux starcraft howto that works well.

just google "complete linux starcraft howto"