Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
kode k

view page data in ie thumbnail, help needed

on my old computer when i went into a folder containing saved web pages i was able to see that data in the thumbnail [all be it small] on my new computer xp pro the thumbnail of saved web pages just displays the IE symbol. can anyone help please.

its when you are useing thumbnails and in the little thumbnail box you can see the actual web page in the thumbnail. if you know what i mean.

someone on another forum recomended this site

You just mean Thumbnail view correct ?!?

When you open a Windows Explorer window there should be a View menu option. The default is Tiles view, just click on the Thumbnails view and that should do it.

thanks but its when you have it in thumbnail mode you can see the thumnails but the thumbnail for a saved internet page on my old computer used to display the web page it contained. now it just contains th iE logo.

I think I remember what you're talking about however I can't seem to find anything to make it do this either.

Perhaps there's a reghack or another third party app to do this wink

please help anybody i would be really greatfull. the feature really helped on my old computer and i would really like to know how i can add this to my new computer. i can view in thumbnails thats not the problem the problem is not being able to see the little infomation that used to be displayed in the thumbnail of the web page.

the GooglePreview extension (FireFox, not IE) accomplishes this task wonderfully

it shows a thumbnail view of web pages resulting from of Google, Yahoo, etc. search

great for picking a page you went to previously but can't remember the address 'cause you will recognize the picture

IE, what's IE?

lol

g/l