(1)One ATi Radeon X800 XT Platinum Edition, Retail Box

(1)One Sapphire Radeon X800 XT Platinum Edition, Retail Box

(1)One Celestica Radeon X800 XT Platinum Edition, Retail Box

(1)One Asus Radeon X800 XT Platinum Edition, Retail Box

(4)Four Western Digital, 250GB SATA HD's

(1)One Promise Fastrak S150 SX4 SATA RAID Controller

(1)One Supermicro SC942i-550 Tower Chassis

(2)Two Supermicro Mobile Rack, CSE-M34T

I'm thinking of dual-booting with Windows XP Pro(32-bit) and on a separate partition/drive installing Windows XP (64-bit). I realize it's only a BETA currently but I've messed around with a few test installs to see how it works on some Opteron systems here at work. I've also installed it on a test Athlon 64 box too.

The only thing I can't seem to find drivers for is the onboard Intel Gbe, figures that Intel wouldn't code a driver to run on a Athlon only flavor of this OS frown

Another possible problem is the Promise controller. I'm going to check their website out for more info on this as well.

I had to contact some of the manufacturers and have the drives sent to me, including TYAN. I am using the S2885 from Tyan as well and have had an issue with the SATA controller built onboard. NVDIA is the only one that I currently know of who lists the drivers available for XP 64bit on their web site.

THe 942i is a good case but be sure to pick up some quieter fans for it smile.

Originally posted by SCV@RCL:

Quote:

THe 942i is a good case but be sure to pick up some quieter fans for it smile.

Thanks for the info however I don't really require quiter fans, in fact I'd rather have the white-noise, it put's me to sleep wink

Well I haven't heard a hum like this since I working our of NOC, so I am certain that you will catch some good Zzzzzzzzzzzs.

Keep me posted on what you find though. I have only had my box up for the past few days but have been happy thus far with the performance I have seen....I have some good performance increases in my 32bit graphics apps.

I'll let you know on the fan db level for sure. I wonder how it compares to the old Teleport NOC in the Pittock Block when I used to work for that ISP? It was pretty loud to be sure due to all the netapps and terminal servers running wink

I've built a few Athlon 64 boxes now and they do seem to be a bit faster even with the 32-bit Windows flavors.