Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mel

If mouse nogo after MDK 10 install reboot or appears locked up

If you installed Mandrake 10 and after reboot mouse doesn't work or computer appears to have locked up ;

1.Use 'tab' key to select "Configuration Tools" in the "Welcome to Mandrake Linux" window that should be in the center of your screen.

2.hit "Enter"

3. Enter root password you chose during install and hit enter.

4.Use "Tab" key to select "Hardware" and hit 'enter'.

5.Use "Tab" key to select "Mouse" and hit 'enter'.

6.Use "Tab" key to select your mouse type and hit enter.

7.Test mouse.If it works,click OK and close window,if not try another mouse type.

My brain seems to work in slow motion on this subject,I should have thought to post this a month ago.Sorry 'bout that.

Originally posted by Mel:

Quote:
If you installed Mandrake 10 and after reboot mouse doesn't work or computer appears to have locked up ;

1.Use 'tab' key to select "Configuration Tools" in the "Welcome to Mandrake Linux" window that should be in the center of your screen.

2.hit "Enter"

3. Enter root password you chose during install and hit enter.

4.Use "Tab" key to select "Hardware" and hit 'enter'.

5.Use "Tab" key to select "Mouse" and hit 'enter'.

6.Use "Tab" key to select your mouse type and hit enter.

7.Test mouse.If it works,click OK and close window,if not try another mouse type.

My brain seems to work in slow motion on this subject,I should have thought to post this a month ago.Sorry 'bout that.

I actually just reinstalled mandrake 10 and got this problem .. i figured it out though.. reason im posting is that I had to use the arrows to get down to mouse, hit Tab twice to get to the button "configure" then hit enter and chose mouse and test it .. did alot of guessing before I got there smile

Thanks for the update.It may help a noobee who may not otherwise think to try arrow keys if tab doesn't work.

Different archetectures work different.

If tab doesn't work try arrow keys and vice versa.

I hope the kernal change solved your problems.

It certainly did, I havent had a single lockup/freeze since I changed, which was earlier a big disappointment for me understandable enough smile

Looking like something I like to use here now cause I got the resolution up also which is extremely important IMO.

Thanks for the help!