Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Exorcist

Win2k "stops dead"

Anyone know why Win2k would just stop dead, mouse won't move - ctrl-alt-del won't work, it requires a restart..

Can't see if it's a particular program causing it, as it comes and goes - doesnt come up with any error messages - just stops frown

Anyone?

Exorcist

This happens for me occasionally with the TNT 3.75 and 3.69 drivers. It may be because my current install of 2195 went over 2194, which went over 2183, which went over 2176, etc...

Well, I have the 375 drivers - but this was a fresh install of 2195 frown

Oh well.

Exorcist

I have a fresh install of win2k 2195 as well and I get the same random lockups. I'm running Nvidia reference drivers 3.75. When I run 3.69, it appears that these drivers run ok. But, if you notice, there are no official Nvidia reference drivers on their website for win2k. They might already know about this...hope so. I won't run win2k (full time) until this issue gets resolved. And if I run with the older drivers, some games don't work correctly....grrrr

-Q

Im running 2195, fresh install with a Voodoo 2 and a TNT. I have had random lockup problems when it comes from the card switching to the other card, but not a lot. Im running the 3.75 reference drivers, and they work fine.