Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Niels82

installing "wine" problems

Hey

I got trouble installing WINE..

Im using Mandrake 10 with KDE 3.2 and got the package wine and winelib from the CDs.. I used "Install Software" tool to get it ..

sooo, I write "wine notepad" and get this long thing, which I paste in parts of under this text.

Any help would be appectiated, I dont understand whats up here .. smile

[niels@m085d .wine]$ wine notepad

fixme:reg:_nt_dump_lf unknown Win XP node id 0x686c: do we need to add support for it ?

fixme:reg:_nt_dump_lf unknown Win XP node id 0x686c: do we need to add support for it ?

err:module:import_dll No implementation for ntdll.dll._vsnwprintf imported from L"C:\\windows\\system32\\advapi32.dll", setting to 0xdeadbeef

err:module:import_dll No implementation for ntdll.dll.RtlIsValidIndexHandle imported from L"C:\\windows\\system32\\advapi32.dll", setting to 0xdeadbeef

err:module:import_dll No implementation for ntdll.dll.NtCompareTokens imported from L"C:\\windows\\system32\\advapi32.dll", setting to 0xdeadbeef

err:module:import_dll No implementation for ntdll.dll.RtlDestroyHandleTable imported from L"C:\\windows\\system32\\advapi32.dll", setting to 0xdeadbeef

err:module:import_dll No implementation for ntdll.dll.NtTraceEvent imported from L"C:\\windows\\system32\\advapi32.dll", setting to 0xdeadbeef

err:module:import_dll No implementation for ntdll.dll.RtlFlushSecureMemoryCache imported from L"C:\\windows\\system32\\advapi32.dll", setting to 0xdeadbeef

err:module:import_dll No implementation for ntdll.dll.RtlSetSecurityDescriptorRMControl imported from L"C:\\windows\\system32\\advapi32.dll", setting to 0xdeadbeef

err:module:import_dll No implementation for ntdll.dll.RtlGetSecurityDescriptorRMControl imported from L"C:\\windows\\system32\\advapi32.dll", setting to 0xdeadbeef

err:module:import_dll No implementation for ntdll.dll.RtlSelfRelativeToAbsoluteSD2 imported from L"C:\\windows\\system32\\advapi32.dll", setting to 0xdeadbeef

err:module:import_dll No implementation for ntdll.dll.NtFilterToken imported from L"C:\\windows\\system32\\advapi32.dll", setting to 0xdeadbeef

err:module:import_dll No implementation for ntdll.dll.NtImpersonateAnonymousToken imported from L"C:\\windows\\system32\\advapi32.dll", setting to 0xdeadbeef

err:module:import_dll No implementation for ntdll.dll.RtlSetSecurityObjectEx imported from L"C:\\windows\\system32\\advapi32.dll", setting to 0xdeadbeef

and so on ..

Where did you get notepad from? Did it install with wine, or are you using notepad from an XP installation?

Is your windows installation an XP one?

It looks like maybe you do not have a wine.conf file (I'm guessing, since i use codeweavers and have not used stock wine for a while).

It looks like it, but do you have a .wine directory in your home directory and did you use winesetup to set the fake wine directory and it's components?

ill try it more later, looks like codeweaver is not free though ..

if you check my newer post (topic) im going to change from mandrake as im tired of rebooting 10 times every day. It was good other than that though..

any good tips would be appreciated!

On my home box, Mdk 10 has big issues with winex3 running some games, and treansgaming has made statements that winex3 has problems with the 2.6 kernel. It would stand to reason there would be general issues with regular Wine as well. I'd just use the 2.4 kernel untill such time as these problems are ironed out.

ive installed the 2.4 now .. havent had a crash since, but just used it a few hours though ..

Still cant get Wine to work, same problems as before..

right now i got "wine: error while loading shared libraries:"

im really sick of wine .. is it some other alternative ? Paying for something is not an option smile

actually many things that I dont really really need..

I guess I can live without it if i can get dc++ running at least.. its one for linux ? i read a howto install thing for it and #1 thing to do was install wine frown

Btw im not able to set my resolution higher than 1024x768... i want higher, and my monitor supports it also .. Its a SyncMaster 172B .. I cant find it in the list when i pull as root : "FXdrake" .. what can i chose instead so i can set up the resolution?

[Edited by niels82 on 2004-05-31 04:06:45]

uh, Im trying out several and testing them ..

Sometimes I get "videomode not supported", obviously a bad choice.

Other times I get the screen full of colors .. is this a test so i can see that all colors look good etc or is it a sign that I should say 'no' to the questions as in "hell no this is not my desktop" ? It doesnt say anywhere that it will display a test-background or anything so I expected my desktop as the "test-image" .. whats the deal here ? laugh I dont wanna answer Yes in case I end up with the silly color-thing either

lol i feel smart now ..

i did the "test" with my current setup and it showed that color-thingy also, so i figured that was the "good-news" image smile

I got it to 1280x1024 now, which is my monitors max and what I wanted! woho, finally figured out something smile