Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dizarludba

Problem with Printer ??Need ay help or suggestions ....

Hi

I have 3 year olds Canon printer Canon BJC-2100 .I have no problem using it until recently.

The 1st problem is,everytime I open the 'Printer and faxes' under windows ,the cpu usage increase to 100% , when i use the task manager to identify the program/services that using the vast amount of cpu power,it turns out to be spoolsv.exe , in which identified as Print Spooler service , one of windows servies that vitally needed to run the printer. Is it possible to turn it back to normal. I already use msconfig and uncheck and check the 'Print Spooler' BUT the cpu problem still can't be solved.If I uncheked it,the printer doesn't show of and can't be used.

The 2nd problem is even with 100% cpu usage,I can print a document (which means no problem with drivers etc) , but then it turns out the unprinted white paper comes out from the tray.I checked the Ink catridge and it still full,but just in case the ink already run out,i installed a new catridge afterwards , but the problem still can't be resolved.

I search the google about the 1st problem,and some said that maybe virus or spyware breached my PC.I ran mc afee antivirus,adware pro and spybot,and nothings found.Some other websiteS said that maybe the hardware already malfunction.Hmm is it true?Any opinion?If it is true that the printer already broken/malfunction ,then I really dont hesitate to buy a new one.But if it still can be use,I really do not want to throw it away.I am still a student ,and I really have to take care of my budject tightly.

Thanks very much.

My PC Specs

Windows xp 2500

Celeron 2.4 Ghz

768 Mb Ram

Canon BJC-2100