Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
shadowmatrix

K3B Problem

I have a file I downloaded and it is in bin and cue format. I can not get K3B to burn it no matter what I do. The cue file properties say that it is a CDRWIN Cue sheet and the bin is unrecognized. I can load the cue sheet but it gives an error of "Seems not to be a usable image" Can anyone help with this?

Have you tried in k3b 0.11.9 select "Tools" -> "CD" -> "Burn CD Image..."?

Also, check to see if cdrdao is installed and recognized by K3b.

Yes I have tryed that method. Thats where I get the error I listed in the first post. However, I checked the version of K3B I am using and it is 0.11.6cvs And you mentioned version 0.11.9 so I will try and upgrade and go from there. I will let you know how it go's.

I located and downloaded the k3b 0.11.9 and when I got to the point of "make" these are the errors I got.

grep: /usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.la: No such file or directory

/bin/sed: can't read /usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.la: No such file or directory

libtool: link: `/usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.la' is not a valid libtool archive

make[2]: *** [libk3bdevice.la] Error 1

make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/shadowmatrix/Desktop/k3b/k3b-0.11.9/src/device'

make[1]: *** [install-recursive] Error 1

make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/shadowmatrix/Desktop/k3b/k3b-0.11.9/src'

make: *** [install-recursive] Error 1

I have am pretty sure it is a lib file issue but I dont know what to look for or how to ix it.

what distro of linux are you using....redhat, mandrake, debian......what is it? if you are running redhat or mandrake you can try to get an rpm package from www.rpmfind.net. you can not install the rpm package it will let you know what dependencies are needed to install the package? if you are running debian use the apt-get install command to get the package. hope this helps!!!!!

That's what I get for copying text from another post!

I tried the Mandrake K3b 11.9 rpm version off the K3b site. It seemed to install, but resulted in a hard freeze at the K3b splash screen..that was it.

I'll have to look at the changelog to see if the issue with cue burning was resolved in 11.9, but this does me no good, since I had to revert back to the stock Mandrake version, for K3b it to work. I have not tried cue files yet.

I am using Mandrake 10. I got the updated version of K3B and can run throuh the ./configure with no problem. But when I "make" thats when I get the error that I posted.

Just tryed the rpm and it installed fine accept that I can only get to it in the strart menu from root. Doesnt show up under my normal account. And it still says that the image seems to be unusable. I am lost on this one. I hear everyone say that K3B is really sweet but at this point I would have to disagree completely.

Well, I finally got K3B to at least read the .cue file and recognize the .bin. Went through the md5 check and went ok but as soon as I click on start to proceed with burning the cd it kicks the cd out and says complete. Disk stays empty and no errors reported. Just wont burn the disk. And I can only access K3B from root for some reason. As soon as I installed the updated K3B it disappeared from my start menu under my normal account and is only present in the start menu of the root account. If any one can help with this I would reallt appreciate it. I will continue researching in the mean time.

I think I may have a theory on the burning issue. It is defaulting to cdrecord and I think it needs to be using cdrdao. Both are installed but I dont know how to change it so it will use cdrdao. Still can only access from root though.

You can make a desktop icon, or add it to the menu.

For a desktop icon, right click on any empty part of the desktop -->create new -->file -->link to application.

Entitle it K3b on the first window.

Click on Application and type into the command option [k3b[/b].

Choose advanced options.

Check ¨run as different user¨. When the text box opens, next to username, type in root

Click OK, then OK.

When using K3b, just click on the icon and when prompted, enter your root password.

I had the same problem and this is how I solved it:

Open up the .CUE file. It will name a .BIN file. Make sure the name the the .BIN file is exactly the same as the one named in the .CUE file. It is even case sensitive.

First time here. I apologize for the long stuff copied below. I can not get K3b to burn. perhaps old error that has been fixxed in later version(core2,3) but is there a fix for fedora core 1.

Thankyou all for sharing. I was informed that I had to add the bits for mp3 playing as they were removed in REDHAT versions and have done so with success using

xmms-mp3-1.2.10-0.lvn.1.1.i386.rpm

xmms-skins-1.2.10-1.p.i386.rpm

xmms-1.2.10-1.p.i386.rpm

Problem is burning to cdrom...using K3b, fedora core 1:

-----------------------

K3b Version:0.11.17

KDE Version: 3.2.0-0.1 Red Hat

QT Version: 3.2.3

cdrecord

-----------------------

scsidev: '0,0,0'

scsibus: 0 target: 0 lun: 0

Linux sg driver version: 3.1.25

Error trying to open /dev/scd0 exclusively ... retrying in 1 second.

Error trying to open /dev/scd0 exclusively ... retrying in 1 second.

Cdrecord-Clone 2.01a27-dvd (i686-pc-linux-gnu) Copyright © 1995-2004 Jörg Schilling

Note: This version is an unofficial (modified) version with DVD support

Note: and therefore may have bugs that are not present in the original.

Note: Please send bug reports or support requests to <warly@mandrakesoft.com>.

Note: The author of cdrecord should not be bothered with problems in this version.

TOC Type: 1 = CD-ROM

bailing out..

cdrecord comand:

-----------------------

/usr/bin/cdrecord -v gracetime=2 dev=0,0,0 speed=16 -tao driveropts=burnfree -eject -data -tsize=27082s -

mkisofs

-----------------------

mkisofs comand:

-----------------------

/usr/bin/mkisofs -gui -graft-points -volid K3b data project -volset -appid K3B THE CD KREATOR VERSION 0.11.17 © 2003 SEBASTIAN TRUEG AND THE K3B TEAM -publisher -preparer K3b - Version 0.11.17 -sysid LINUX -volset-size 1 -volset-seqno 1 -sort /tmp/kde-root/k3bohY0fb.tmp -rational-rock -hide-list /tmp/kde-root/k3banb9Cb.tmp -full-iso9660-filenames -iso-level 2 -path-list /tmp/kde-root/k3bZ2MuQa.tmp /root/.kde/share/apps/k3b/temp/dummydir0/

I noticed a couple of things. I see that you are using K3b Version:0.11.17. Did you compile this from source, or install an rpm package. If so, which package did you install and from where?

Interesting, cdrecord shows;

Note: Please send bug reports or support requests to <warly@mandrakesoft.com>. And this is Fedora.

Are you using the default kernel, or did you upgrade to another kernel?

Hmm...the message;

Error trying to open /dev/scd0 exclusively ... retrying in 1 second Do you have the file manager open by chance trying to view the cdrw drive while burning? Otherwise, I wonder about the kernel version. It seems that the cdrw is busy or not being found for some reason. Do you have another cdrom, cdrw or dvd drive in the system?

Originally posted by shadowmatrix:

Quote:
I located and downloaded the k3b 0.11.9 and when I got to the point of "make" these are the errors I got.

grep: /usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.la: No such file or directory

/bin/sed: can't read /usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.la: No such file or directory

libtool: link: `/usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.la' is not a valid libtool archive

make[2]: *** [libk3bdevice.la] Error 1

make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/shadowmatrix/Desktop/k3b/k3b-0.11.9/src/device'

make[1]: *** [install-recursive] Error 1

make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/shadowmatrix/Desktop/k3b/k3b-0.11.9/src'

make: *** [install-recursive] Error 1

I have am pretty sure it is a lib file issue but I dont know what to look for or how to ix it.

I think you guys have problems in reading

libtool: link: `/usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.la' is not a valid libtool

everytime you see errors like this in compilation it means that something is missing... i recommend you to download this lib

i'm posting this link but not sure if that is the correct package... anyway

http://bennyben.free.fr/projects/gla/gla.tgz

Other thing: you were talking of update... k3b is just a frontend everything you do in k3b is to execute visually some programs....

what i recommend you to update is cdrecord and cdrtools...

update k3b cdrecord and cdrtools and get your problem solved... other thing i recommend you depending on how your distro works to deactive the scsi emulation

Try making a sysmlink in a root console. Type in;

ln -s /usr/lib/libGL.la /usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.la

Make sure there is a space between;

ln -s /usr/lib/libGL.la and /usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.la

Then try to compile it again.

ln -s /usr/lib/opengl/xorg-x11/include/* /usr/include/GL

ln -s /usr/lib/opengl/xorg-x11/lib/* /usr/lib

you can link the whole /usr/X11R6/lib in /usr/lib since its going that way anyhow, if im not mistaken.

sounds like you have a burning misconfiguration though check your buning in accordance to iso1990 standards and your hardware is not overburdened.

switch cdrecord to cd-rwtools or vise vera if nothing else.