Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Fusion

Has anyone tried internet connection sharing with Win2K

just wondering

I am going to try it with a cable modem connection

is it really as simple as it seems?

any tips/hints?

how does it compare to proggies like sygate and wingate?

Well I don't have personal experience with win2k connection sharing, but all I can say is that Sygate 3.X is the only internet sharing software that really works and allows for custom configuration and port changes. I have tested 6+ pieces of software, including win98 se, and they all are horrible. If you want update Sygate info, check out my site.

http://people.va.mediaone.net/whitem00/index.html

-Q

I used ics in win2k. I nearly **** my pants when I found how easy it was to setup. 3 clicks and I was done. just setup the clients to obtain ip and everything automatically. Right click on your cable connection (nic). And highlight tcp/ip click properties click sharing and then click enable ics. bam your done. All my clients can play multiplayer real audio ftp. everything. But security is an issue

though so you might want to sygate. I just use sybergen secure desktop for a firewall that works pretty good in win2k.

I totally agree with johnny.....i set up my dads PC in about 3 clicks......simple as pie and security is fine as long as you don't have file and printer sharing on for the cable connection and just the lan connection.

OK, SyGate, never heard of it!

I use wingate, what´s the difference? Does SyGate work with games likte Half-life? (my wingate doesn´t)

------------------

The MerceD has you...

Sys spec:

P2-350

128RAM

Voodoo3 2000

SB AWE 64 Gold

10GB HD

Win2k 2195

Check out what I discovered on SyGates hompage!

We all know that the concept of time is relative, right? wink

time.jpg

------------------

The MerceD has you...

Sys spec:

P2-350

128RAM

Voodoo3 2000

SB AWE 64 Gold

10GB HD

Win2k 2195