Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Marker0077

Resetting CMOS...

So I have this Toshiba laptop right, it belongs to my brother & I'm supposed to be setting it up in WinXP Pro for him & whatnot because my dad might buy it from him (whether he buys it or not, the system still needs to be redone).

Anyways, the guy goes on this 2 week vacation & I can't get ahold of him. So I took the laptop apart, pulled what appeared to be the CMOS battery, left it off for 15 minutes & the damn password screen is still there. I tried looking for a CMOS reset jumper on the actual board itself but there aren't any jumpers of any kind as far as I could tell. I also tried a variety of the so called backdoor passwords - nothing works.

Any suggestions?

I'll try it & let you know, I don't think that will work because of the plug it uses (meaning I don't think it will fit on there backwards) but again, I'll try it & let you know. Thanks either way.

Don't suppose you know the new way do ya?

it wont hold backwards but i can get it in backwards for a sec

thats all the time it takes

other than that i know of no other tricks

The plug will not go in backwards, it's setup similar a plug that you plug into a sound card, not the black ones, the white kind, except these are smaller. They have a plastic tab that prevents it from going in so unless I cut off the tab - it ain't going in backwards.

Anyways, I got a hold of my brother & got the password, thanks anyways.