Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
sparky two

DVD problems

Hi,

I'm having problems playing DVD's on my inspiron 2650. I reciently updated my NIVIDA GeForce Go 2 driver as I was getting an infinite loop error message when I tried to play DVD's, now with the new driver (version 4.4.8.2, 2003) this problem seems to be fixed but now i'm getting all kinds of lines anf distorted pictures on screen as soon as the main menu on the DVD comes on.

I tried the direct x diagnostic tool and found now the Direct 3D test doesn't work i get the message, you cancelled by pressing a key, wich I dont and a message telling me to adjust the screen resolution to 1024x768 which its at????

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

1. Uninstall the NVidia drivers through the Control panel Add/Remove applet. Do NOT reboot when prompted.

2. Uninstall the Display Adaptor from within Device Manager.

3. Reboot into Safe Mode.

4. Delete all the files in C:\WINDOWS\system32 that begin with "nv" (like nv_disp.dll, nview.dll etc. etc.)

5. Reboot into normal XP, then double click the Dell 44.82 executable file.

6. Reboot, then install DirectX 9.0b (even if it's present on your system.

7. Reboot, and reinstall your DVD app (I suggest NVDVD 2.55 for any NVidia graphics card instead of the outdated version of PowerDVD/WinDVD that Dell supplies).

Post back after the process...

Got to step 4 ok, couldn't find Dell 44.82 executable file.

Done step 6 and i couldn't for the life of me find NVDVD 2.55 anywhere so reinstalled myown one.

Rebooted and unfortuanlly no luck.