Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
duhmez

A Fully 3D FPS, 96 Kilobytes!

this is one amazing piece of work. Pixel shader 1.3 required, gf4 mx 440 users can't run it. Fully 3d, high poly count, lighting effects etc. It has to be seen to be believed.

These dudes also made the .product , which was under 64k, for those that have seen it.

Its called .kkrieger

http://theprodukkt.com/

The main purpose here was to squish it down to under 100K. The website however does say hes planning on releasing a "Non-lite" version with extra stuff init that is larger.

Originally posted by AlecStaar:

Quote:

"Well, this looks very 'washed-out' & dreary"... but, I was not expecting alot either, so I continued onward in it.

Agreed, after seeing their original .product, hen seieng the intro to this, it does look very washed out and not colourful. Then the game starts. Incredible.

source for the original .product was available for a fee too, perhaps they will do the same for this, for those that are interested.

For those interested: My 2nd machine, Athlon 2500+ barton overclocked to 2000 Mhz (no multiplier lock on the one I got, JOY!!) and ATI radeon 128 MB 8500 LE, and 512 MB system ram, the game is very choppy. This will give you an idea of the horsepower needed to run this game.

On my dual AMD 2600 MP riog with All in wonder radeon 9700 Pro, runs smoth as silk.

Man duhmez wasn't kidding about how much power this game demands. My Pentium4 2GHz w/ 512MB DDR RAM and GeForce FX 5600 w/256 MB VRAM can barely handle it.