Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Happeren

Almost ready to move to Linux :-)

I've been trying out Mandrake lately and found it to be easier than I thought/hoped and would very much like to make the complete move to linux. Thanks to a lot of linux sites (including this one) I have almost found a linux application that replaces the one I use on Windows XP - but I am missing a few.

Messenger -> Gaim

Word -> OpenOffice

Winamp -> XMMS

Zoom Player -> MPlayer or XINE

Emule -> found som different stuff but havent decided yet.

DVD-Decrypter -> don't know

DVD-Shrink -> don't know

NERO (for burning DVD's) -> don't know

Does anyone have any suggestions or advice - I would be very grateful.

Thanks in advance :-)

You can also use nero through WINE. I use it and it works ok for me. But K3b works very well and I am thinking I like it better then Nero.

Shadowmatrix, are you using this for dvd burning? If so, do me a favor and let me know what version of wine and nero that you are using. Also, are you using the directions, as noted on the Frank´s Corner web site?

These guys are right. K3B is the most smokin' cd burner app there is! My second choice would be Eroaster, which comes standard with Mdk.

I think as a replacement for msn messenger, aMSN is better. Anyway, there r excellent alternatives for almost any windows program . But i do have a problem with microsoft publisher. Anybody got any suggestions?