Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dolce

USB Problem

Wuz wondering if ne1 has the same problem as me or is my puter just phucked up =P

Under my Device Manager... my Universal Serial Bus Controllers - for Intel 82371AB/EB PCI to USB Universal Host COntroller ...reads as an Exclamation mark

***Your computer's system firmware does not include enough information to properly configure and use this device. To use this device, contact your computer manufacturer to obtain a firmware or BIOS update. (Code 35)

Click Troubleshooter to start the troubleshooter for this device.

Funny how my win98 doesn't report that ... under win98 it works perfectly fine.. I've installed win2k fresh a load of times.. and still it manages not to fix the problem...

i have the latest bios and every other thing in my puter is up to date as always..

i only use my printer for the usb..

any ideas would greatly be appreciated.. thanx

Mobo - abit BP6

usb printer - Hewlett Packard Deskjet 880C

thanx

Dolce

yeah change ur mps value in ur bios to 1.1 I think its that, if its at 1.1 now change it to 1.4 to lazy to restart and check.

the answer to ur question has been answered a few times already so just to make sure do a search.

some people dont know how here is my advice

goto search enter "usb bp6" make sure u select the second hardware option which is for win2k, and hit enter.

thanx for the help, i check it out to see if it works.. but if it doesn't well thanx anyhow.. i'll definitely let chat know.

btw.. well i've been here quite some time and i actually know how to do a search.. but lazy to say the least and is much easier to repost cuz reading through so of those just misleads u alittle bit at times... plus i never bothered to look for that kinda post before cuz it really never bother me.. but as of the other day i was trying to print so it started to bother me.. and mostly if i missed it before.. i wouldn't even know cuz i only check on recent things... don't kid me wrong.. i appreciate your reply and your concerns.. but if it's a repost of something and i didn't get replied back i would probably of did a search.. so of ppl are tired of reposting things that was posted before.. just don't do it right.. cuz i don't at times and i'm probably sure many have came across this and haven't ... it'z always easier to ignore than it is to complain..

but thanx a million for the tip on my usb problem.. i will surely give it a try and tell ya how it came about smile

I was experiencing this exact same problem up until i read this post earlier. It all started after I flashed my bios on my bp6 to the latest version. After the flash, I had several devices being reported with IRQ's with crazy numbers (video-IRQ 60, UDMA controllers-IRQ 77 & 78, USB-IRQ 31)

I changed MPS to 1.1, and all was well.

Dents.

Wow JimmyK you've help out someone else by this post... and shared a valuable info with me.. thanx greatly ..

altho it didn't solve my problem... it was very good information..

smile i am trying something else out to see if it could be the problem.. let's just hope i fix this problem..