Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
jarves

mandrake 10

where can i download disk 4 of mandrake 10????

what http website???

hi there,

as far as I know CD4 of the Mandrake distro is only available in the "commercial" version which is sold (check the MDK-website for ordering info).

on a sidenote: this doesn't hinder you to install MDK10 with just the first 3 CDs, so the MDK-community distro is in no way crippled or anything. During installation, just click on "Cancel" when you're asked for CD4.

cu

I've been experimenting with Mdk 10 Community, and it does beg for cd 4 often when trying to install packages. If 10 is like 9, you can only get the cds after cd 3 with the bought boxed set. There is a way to set urpmi to download the files you need instead of it wanting the cd's but I haven't figured it out yet. Anyone?

... in reply to DapperDan

gidday,

hmm, so far I haven't seen some nagging from MDK10 about CD4. But ... this may come from the fact I have immediately copied all 3 Community-CDs to harddisk and disabled all of the default CD-entries in the RPM-package-sources, using only the RPM-archives on harddisk. Not sure, though, as MDK10 only puts 3 CD-entries into the default package-manager.

mandrake 10 hasnt been bothering me for much just updates and the help files but other than that its fine

i dont think its that much of an issue about the fourth disk