Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CyberGenX

Fire Daemon! Help!

I have several computers that have services running like FireDaemon and DameWare... I need an app that will remove this. The computers had trojans infected on them, the FireDaemons and DameWare were left behind.

I have already disabled them and deleted the assoc. files. But i am tired of going through the registry of each computer to manually remove the ref..

Thanks WAY in advance!

FireDaemon and DameWare are not trojans. Dameware is a Windows NT administration program (http://www.dameware.com). FireDaemon is a program that lets you run any application as a service (http://www.firedaemon.com). If you still want them removed, just follow Alec's directions (he's usually right!), but they are pretty harmless. I use them both here at work on a daily basis.

I don't know about FireDaemon's uninstaller (never had to uninstall it), but Dameware has to be uninstalled from within the program remotely. For example:

I have two computers. Let's call them A and B. The client is push installed on B from A. You would have to open the Dameware Mini remote control from A and click on File, then Remove Service.

Kind of difficult, but it makes sense from a remote perspective.

Thanks for the help. You would think that if this program has an installer it would have a simple way to uninstall! I know that dameware and firedaemon are not viruses. However, the computer WERE infected with Trojans and variants and the dameware appeared at the same time. I am the admin and at no time did I install those, nor do any of the people in the offices claim responsibility, so I am assuming that dameware was used in conjunction with the trojans.

I will keep searching, what a pain...