Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Diamond_Grey

The Good Old Games (That I can't play because I now have XP)

I'm new. So please don't yell if all this has already been convered. If it has just link me to some useful info. THnks.

Remember all those good, slightly older games that you wish you could play? I do. I've been playing most of them up until I got a computer with Windows XP.

The list is as follows (with the problems):

Master of Orion 2 (lags then crashes)

Mechwarrior 2 Mercenaries (installs but does not run at all)

Mechwarrior 3 (wont install due to ?sound compatability?)

Aliens Vs. Predator (installs but fails to play smoothly also sound problems)

Descent 3 (does not install)

Fallout 1&2 (minor graphics and sound problems then crashes)

Sid Meyer's Alpha Centauri (where to start... everything?)

If anyone can help I would be very proud of them and their incredible knowledge.

-Chad

Master of Orion 2 (lags then crashes) - there is a patch 1.41 I think should work and try the compatability thing in xp it's realy good or disable sound alltogether

Mechwarrior 2 Mercenaries (installs but does not run at all)

Mechwarrior 3 (wont install due to ?sound compatability?)

it's an issue with all mechwarrior series including Mechwarrior 4 and it's definetly the sound drivers check with their official site it says something about this, but i've solved once with newer sound drivers

Aliens Vs. Predator (installs but fails to play smoothly also sound problems)- you just wrote sound problems, so it's obvious

Descent 3 (does not install) - dunno never played it

Fallout 1&2 (minor graphics and sound problems then crashes) - ditto

Sid Meyer's Alpha Centauri (where to start... everything?)- my favourite...there are two patches get the one for xp on www.dlh.net in the alpha.ini or alphacentauri.ini moddify add the line forceoldvoxelalgorithm=1 it still gives you that error but works or move the file sound.dll and try...but if the last one works ... then you've got some real sound issues ... and no help there ... sry

hope that answers your questions...

any other questions

mirceavalentin@gmail.com