Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
overworked

Getting the registry entries into a slipstreamed W2K deployment

I've been working on slipstreaming the current hotfixes into a W2K SP4 deployment. Finally, I have all the files being installed correctly. Unfortunately, for all the Active X stuff to work right, there are many, many, many, many registry entries needed. I used Novell ZenWorks to get a snapshot of a before and after of a machine with the correct reg entries. This I have in cleaned-up AOT/AXT files. Does anyone have any suggestions for converting the AOT/AXT file into a reg or MSI file so I can make the deployment self-contained?

Also, does anyone know what the ">" symbol means when it appears before a registry key? This is an example from a XP registry:

>{0F8F576D-0A18-4282-B7AD-8D8AB46CD511}

I first noticed it in a W2K registry after installing the WMPlayer 6.4 patch. But, it occurs many places in both W2K and XP registries.

Thanks,

-overworked-

Well, to answer part of my own question....

I've found that from Novell Console One you can export registry entries from the AXT/AOT files by editing the application object and simply right clicking on the part of the registry you want and select export....yes, I'm depriving a village of an IDOT.

As for the ">" question....no answers yet.