Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ViolentGreen

Extracting Audio From DVD

I have a concert DVD that I'd like to extract the audio from to place on a mp3 player. Does anyone know of an application that will allow me to do this and will automatically break the audio file at chapters?

I'd prefer an application that runs on XP but I could do linux or mac software as well.

Thanks

Originally posted by AlecStaar:

Quote:
AudioGrabber 1.8x maybe?

I know it works on Cd/Cdr/Cdrw etc., & it might be a GOOD candidate for ripping out audio on a DvD as well!

smile

* Wish I were more helpful here, but I am NOT the most "multimedia oriented guy" out here online, & have only small experience with programs for this type of thing!

APK

P.S.=> AudioGrabber's nice work though... see if that cuts it for your purposes! apk

I used audiograbber several years ago and was less then pleased with the quality of the music produced. Perhaps it's better now. Anyway, I checked the site out and I didn't see anything about dvds.

There's a pretty big difference in the way cds are encoded and dvds are encoded though. I would be suprised to find an cd ripper that rips audio from dvds as well.

SmartRipperThis software will break the *.vob files into seperate tracks and you can choose to either extract video+audio or just the audio, haven't tried it for just the audio but it should work.

try dvdencrypter to extract the vob files to the hard drive

you can then use dvd2avi to extract the actual soundtrack

(.ac3) and then use besweet to transcode the .ac3 track

to whatever format you want....wav .mp3 .ogg and so on.

all of the above mentioned tools you will find at http://www.doom9.org and probably a good tutorial as well

Originally posted by three:

Quote:
SmartRipperThis software will break the *.vob files into seperate tracks and you can choose to either extract video+audio or just the audio, haven't tried it for just the audio but it should work.

Is there an english version of the software out there?