Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
IrreducibleTensorRepresentation

w2k sp4 hard drive recognition problem

When trying to access my 2nd hard drive after installing sp4 I get a message saying the drive needs to be formatted. Upon uninistallation the problem goes away. How can I get post sp4 w2k to recognize my 2nd hard drive? Both drives are Western Digital and FAT32. The 2nd is 40GB and the first is 6GB. Thanks.

I had the same problem with a WD 13 gig.I am running an ASUS A7v266E Mobo with a VIA chipset. I installed the Via 4 in 1 drivers and Windows recognised it and all was good.

Hope this helped. YMMV depending on chipset.

I went ahead and uninstalled 4.51 and tried 4.43 just to be sure. There was no change. For anyone else who might try this I might mention that upon uninstalling 4.51 you'll be removing the AGP driver and the program won't replace the old one. I had to do some work in 16 colors for a little while.

The reason I'm concerned is that in order to install some security patches I need sp4. I had Nachi and McAfee said it got rid of it, but problems remain. Every time I start my machine my hard drives are set on shared, and who knows what else I haven't explicity noticed yet. I obviously don't want this. Anyone know how I can get sp4 on my machine and get rid of whatever is setting my hard drives to be shared (either separately or together)? Thanks.

I have notice similar problems with Windows 2000 SP4, I have decided to deal with using SP3, and the drive problems have not returned.

LEs