Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dredd

Win2k3 Member Server Question

I have a Windows 2000 domain up and running and wish to add a Windows 2003 server but only as a member server. My question is will that Win2k3 server try to take over master browsing functionality over my Win2k server? I had heard rumors that it does, but not sure if it does when the Win2k3 server is just a member server.

Thanks for any help!

Not tried this specifically, but the D controller should enforce it's being master browser, if the 2k3 server is a member of the domain.

Not tried this specifically, but the D controller should enforce it's being master browser, if the 2k3 server is a member of the domain.

How did it go having a 2003 member only server on a 2000 domain? I am thinking about doing the same thing and was wondering if you ran into any complications.

Thank you,

Warren G.

I am having problems with w2k3 server being a member server on a w2k domain. When I go into My Network Places, i can see the domain under Microsoft windows Networking, but when i double click the domain it takes about 20 seconds, then an error pops up : "<Domain> is not accessable. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the Administrator of this server to find out if ytou have access permissions. The list of servers for this workgroup is not currently available."

This is causing problems, as i have Mcafee E Policy Orchestrator running on this server and when it searches the domain to add clients to the server to push its agent and AV updates, it uses network neighbourhood to view the pcs, but none are obviously there??

Any ideas regarding this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Rob