Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
jamsbong

How to enable Hibernation?

I upgrade to windows 2000 from win98. i did not have hibernation in win98.

after finish upgrade, i was able to use hibernation, and i did use it successfully... but after I restart PC, the feature is gone... i look up in help menu, and was told that my hardware may not support this feature...

how come?? i have use the feature without trouble and now win2000 refuse to let me use it??

Obviously your motherboard really doesn´t support you in your needs. I would expect that a BIOS update will solve this.

What MOBO do you have? BIOS ver? W2k ver?

Cmon guys, you also dont go to the doctor, say "I don´t feel well" and expect him to find out where, why how a.s.o. Pleeeeeaaaaase try to give hard data with your probs. It´s boring to always ask again and again.

Have fun

Llion

I had the very same problem, first time it was there, but when i tried to use it it never actually worked..

Yes the computer shutdown successfully, but when i turned it back on it reloaded everything from the dump file into the ram, that's whell all hell broke lose and the puter hang.

I've got Abit Bh6 revision 1.0.

Bios version: unkown, i think it was MN (i'm aint home right now).

the NT style of setup is unfamiliar to me... anyway, I've got hibernation working!

i think it was my TNT2U's old driver which caused the problem... because after i installed v3.75. everything is better than ever... i could finally play D3D games like win98.

thanx for the help smile

I have a Iomega Zipdrive for the USB port. After a have hibernated and started up my computer again it wound find the zipdrive. I have to restart the computer, why????

------------------

The MerceD has you...

Ok. I have a be6 mb

I have the UDMA 66 working great (1.21 highpoint drivers) I try to use hibernate, i go to hibernate on restart, and it ownt let me, syaing that my highpoint drivers will not allow me to do this. There must be a way to fix this, but how?

what is the big deal about hibernate mode anyways? i mean it takes a long time to load that stuff up too..

It's strange though, i mean in what way can the graphic drivers have anything to say or do about the hibernate mode not working?

My hibernate option is all gone, i had it before not anymore though, i guess i'll wait till all hardware vendors have released decent drivers for the os and then i'll reinstall the whole os. It's prolly the best deal, huh?

I mean then you wont need to worry about drivers not beein uninstalled proplery and stuff like that, it's just a clean and sweet os with all the greatest drivers and stuff installed :-)

Just the way i like it man!