Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lotus

Check this out...

The fact you could use virtual pc to test out code/programs on various platforms it nice. Having all the OS'es right there! It doesn't get much more convenient than that.

I beta tested connectivx virtual pc for windows, and bought the full version half proce when i t came out. Wicked program. Now I just ordered the free microsoft virtual pc 2004 upgrade. The free upgrade was $17.00. no joke. Only getable on cd rom, no download.

m$ pisses me off sometimes.

This is cool, I used to read the langalist all the time, forgot where I found it, lost it in a windoes crah some years ago.

Good times, now I can gtet them again!

You install the app and crreate a pc, choose how much ram to give it and how many hard drives it will have, cd rom nic etc.

then you strat the pc in a window, "mr. Bios" kicks in and if no OS is loaded you get system disk error. Mount an iso of an OS, or a floppy image file (dos etc), or stick in an actual cd rom or actual floppy, and install your OS. this would be a miraclulous program for web developers. You can install a trim gig o so install of windows, copy the vpc hard drive file multiple times, and in each boot install a different version of IE. With enough ram/CPU you can run as many virtual pc's as you wish at the same time.

the hard drive file may also be configured as undoable, so yo can load, mess with settings/software/fun viruses for giggles, then close and let it undo the changes. It installs a network driver and binds to your nics, and through this driver becomes a real pc on the network, if you enable the virtual sswitch and virtual nic.

The virtual pc's hardawre is licensed rom code from many sources and was designed to be the most compatible for all operating systems. For example, the virtual pc's soundcard is a soundblaster 16, video is an S3 trio 694. The virtual pc can tap into the com ports and parallel port just fine. I onced needed windows 98 to move data in/out the parallel port (no 2000 suport for the transfer software I was using) and the win98 vpc handled the job nicely.

Also works great for a game that i ant get to work on Windows 2000 (Magic the gathering duels of the planeswalkers with spells of the ancients expansion.