Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Marker0077

How do I get QuickBooks to work in a "Users" account?

I just redid 2 of my dad's PC's, both in XP Pro, & I like to setup 2 different accounts - an admin account & a user account. They're supposed to only use the admin account when they want to install a new program or make a system change, etc; etc. Well the only problem is QuickBooks will not function in a "Users" account & I don't want anything other than a "Users" account because I don't like the whole guest account concept & if I upgrade the account to "Power Users" then they can install programs = lame, so I think this way is much better...

So, anyone know how to make QuickBooks work in a "Users" account?

Thanks for your time either way people,

- Marker0077

I've setup QuickBooks before for my parent's small company use. When Windows 2000 came out and we use that OS, it had the same problem when the users are only belong to the "User" group. You will need to add these users to belong to the "Power User" group because the basic "User" doesn't have enough permission level somewhere to give QuickBooks access to files needed for the program.

What you need to do is go into Computer Management (by right-click on My Computer). Under 'Local Users and Groups -> Groups', you'll see some default account groups. These are used for controlling the user's permission levels. You'll need to double-click on 'Power Users' and click 'Add' to add all users that you want to allow the use of QuickBooks.

Once that's done, they should have no problem using QuickBooks.