Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
areid

Missing Word fonts

When I view any Word document, it displays the text in only one font (looks like Courier), even if the document was originally prepared in another font, or a mixture of fonts. When I display the available fonts from the pulldown-list on the toolbar, I see that there are only 3 fonts available (Device Font 10cpi, 12cpi and 17cpi)! All other applications (eg. Excel) show the full range of fonts available on the pc. When I view the same documents in Word on another pc they look fine.

This problem has only occurred in last few days, and I cannot think of any event that could cause it to happen. I am using Word 2002 (from Office XP). I have removed and reinstalled Word, but this has not made any difference.

Any idea how I can get my full range of fonts back? Any help would be appreciated.

Alan

I remember this happening when a 'Generic Text Only' printer driver had been installed.

It's worth checking I suppose, but it's strange that the fonts are listed in other Office apps.

it's funny you should post this just a few days ago... my girlfriend just ran into this problem today, and when i googled it, your post came up. we figured out the problem and fixed it easily by removing (or maybe in your case changing) the default printer. you can read more about it at microsoft.com at the link below. i'm only posting in case you haven't fixed it yet. good luck.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;169330

Thanks, worked for my problem as well...

XP Professional and Office 2k3.

I emailed M$ to update their page to show XP as well.