Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
felix

400 spam in 4 days - who can beat

Well you can have spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, eggs, sausage and spam..... 8)

ON my yahoo email I have received 400 spam in 4 days, half filling my mailbox. I'm just thank full that only 1 made it to my inbox, the rest are sitting in bulk mail.

Can anyone beat this?

NB. Network admins cannot claim all spam sent to their domain. Total count is per account, not total of all addresses held.

Well in my email account at my ISP, I once received 130 new emails, all SPAMs, in a 24-hour period.

Because this email is kind of my primary email that I use, I'm reluctant to change. Now, I have to login everyday. Not necessarily to check for new important emails, but to delete SPAMs and virus before it fills up my account.

I am not nearly getting *that* much spam but enough to start thinking about a solution.

Spam gets sent from mailservers that can be tracked by original ip number in headers right?

replyto and senders address are usually fake from spammers right?

What if you created a whitelist that connects ip numbers and the portion behind the @? preferably with an working abuse@xx.yy too.

Anyone not on the whitelist will be banned from the ISP

Next you also have a blacklist banning specific users if they spam.

I suspect the reason ISP's are not very helpful in promoting this scheme is that mailinglists are banned by default too since the mail does not originate from an IP range that is registered to the DNS.

Silverbird

Well, it's the 23rd of the month and so far 3153 messages this month (all spam) in an email account I haven't actively used since 1999. It amazes me that after not using this account for 5 years that I still get this much in it.

I don't remember getting this much spam in this account when I stopped using it.

Jim