Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ntexpert

Problem With Legacy Sound Card on XP w/SP1a

I recently installed WinXP SP1a on a AMD K6-2 system. Everything's fine, except I can't get the system's old Sound Blaster Pro 2 ISA card to work. I've searched everywhere and I can't find updated drivers for XP. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris

I remember hearing about alot of legacy support being dropped in XP...that might be why you're not able to get the thing working. You *might* be able to use an NT 4.0 or Win2k driver, but beyond that, you may just be better off getting a new sound card. Philips and Hercules both have ones around $30.

Yah, that's what i was thinking. I tried an NT4 driver and it installed but when it went through the resource selection, it said that all IRQ's were in use and the s/c couldn't be found. I'll check on 2000, but I heard that there wasn't a driver included with 2k either. Do any old NT 3.x drivers exist?

What the hell are you doing with an ISA interface on an XP machine? I'm an old-school man myself so i can understand an old SB16 PCI, its one of my favorite, but a 2.0!?!?!? Theres no point!

Originally posted by bboy_anarchy:

Quote:
What the hell are you doing with an ISA interface on an XP machine? I'm an old-school man myself so i can understand an old SB16 PCI, its one of my favorite, but a 2.0!?!?!? Theres no point!

There is if you have an old DOS box, but running it on a new machine, well I can only think of one reason, just to see if you can wink