Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
malbertnh

internet explorer 6.0 keeps changing the home page every day

I have recently been upgraded to windows XP and IE6.0. For the past few months every day that I open IE6.0 the default home page is ignored and a new address is used. Is there a way to make my request of yahoo permenant? frown

I tried adware and it seemed to work but low and behold when I came in this morning again I have a different home page. thanks for trying frown

I already saw that problem, it was a spyware.

Get Ad-aware from Lavasoft and check your system with it.

Adaware is good but, IMHO, Spybot Search and Destroy is better - plus it has free updates!

Quote:
Adaware is good but, IMHO, Spybot Search and Destroy is better - plus it has free updates!

Actually neither one on it's own is all that good. spybot gets some that adaware misses and adaware gets some that spybot misses.
and Adaware also has free updates.

now that most spyware companies make lots of money so they can 'influence' these companies to ensure that their spyware is not removed... sucks actually as I hate to think that I have to install a bunch of programs to clean out 'some' spyware but not all....

S

Spy Sweeper is much better, it detected 9 spyware/adware on my machine with ad-aware detecting none in the first place. Moreover, it is a freeware which you can d/l regularly from their site.