Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
pukeflystalker

Exchange server problem

Hi all,

I've just installed Exchange server on to a windows 2000 server box, and I cant seem to find out how you setup exchange to get the emails from my ISP's pop3 account.

Am I missing something? Or am I just special?

I’d like an answer either way

First of all - was it really necessary to post the same message on six different topics?

Second of all - Exchange is a mail server. It is not a POP3 client. Exchange *replaces* your ISP's mail server. If you intend to run a mail server by yourself, Exchange is your man. If you want to download mail from a POP3 client, Exchange is overkill and not what you need.

I strongly suggest that if you are planning to implement Exchange in your network that you read up on what it is, what it's for, and what's involved in setting it up. If you intend to replace your POP3 mail server with Exchange, there are other issues to consider like DNS. Without everything working properly, you will get lost and you will get yourself into one hell of a bind. Therefore, I would stop where you are, get out some books and start reading.

..but to actually answer the question, you need a POP3 connecter (I believe that's the term). MS does have one to download from their site or you can search (Google etc) for one. It's just a program that downloads mail from POP3 servers and then feeds it into Exchange.