Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
johnkapps

AOL Welcome Voice

How do I change the AOL welcome voice? I visited the Voided Warranty website and "scanned" all of the messages on this message board, but found no solution. I'd like to keep AOL at least for the next several months during which I have a free membership for the purchase of a new computer, so advising me to subscribe to a different ISP is not a good option.

WTF is going on with these mouse over words in posts?

Are these part of some new NTCompatible advertising system or are they being done by the poster?

[edit] My post seems to have nuked them thankfully!!

Sorry I have no answer for your question, just needed to ask that [/edit]

Quote:
WTF is going on with these mouse over words in posts?
Are these part of some new NTCompatible advertising system or are they being done by the poster?

[edit] My post seems to have nuked them thankfully!!
Sorry I have no answer for your question, just needed to ask that [/edit]

Well I see them too. I don't know what that is. If it's a new advertising method for the board then I'm going to find somewhere else.

For what it's worth they don't show up in Mozilla or Firefox. I had to open IE to see what you guys are talking about... definately annoying advertising!

Quote:
For what it's worth they don't show up in Mozilla or Firefox. I had to open IE to see what you guys are talking about... definately annoying advertising!

Odd. I guess I must have checked this at work. I can live with it now that I can't see it. I'll just get pissed off at work

I've been getting them on lots of websites

Anyone test out SP2 for XP?

I wonder if the Popup blocker works

Quote:
definately annoying advertising!

The advertising company is testing those new text ads.

What is annoying on that ads? This type of ad highlights only up to 4 words on the entire page. The ad text links looks also different that the usual links. I don’t see where the problem is?

It's no more annoying than any other type of ad really, but what it does is make you stop reading mid sentence. Kind of like having a kid tug on your shirt sleeve 4 times per page.

Quote:
Quote:
definately annoying advertising!

The advertising company is testing those new text ads.

What is annoying on that ads? This type of ad highlights only up to 4 words on the entire page. The ad text links looks also different that the usual links. I don’t see where the problem is?

It's deceptive. I can't tell you off the top of my head what color the normal links are on the page so at first glance it looked like the original poster was spamming, especially since it was his first posts. Secondly, it changed the content of the post made it appear that the poster was endorsing these products.

I just think it's another shadey and deceptive method of advertising on the internet. However, I can't see it in firebird or safari so I won't complain too much.

Anyone see these advertising compaines that create intrusive ads suing producers of web browsers that have ad-blocking tools in the future?

If only we could have TV's that use adware or something. Life would be grand. smile

Interesting thought about the ad companies sueing. Never thought of that!! Actually change interesting to scary.