Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ofelas

Microsoft VM in XP_SP1 or Sun Java?

Seems that Microsoft VM uses less resources than Sun's Java browser plugin...any thoughts?

Also, does SP2 (final or build 2055) break Microsoft VM?

Don't remember where, but I think I came across the fact that build 2055 disables Java applets from loading/displaying in IE6_2055 regardless of security settings...was wondering if this will also hold true for SP2 Final.

Thanks...

Just installed it...ntcompatible no longer remembers auto-login...and dslreports' speedtest required me to use Sun's slow-a$$ Java for the applet to load...oh well.

... that the settlement between Sun and Microsoft prohibits Microsoft from distributing their JVM anymore, with full maintenance stopping in september of this year. See http://www.microsoft.com/mscorp/java/ for more info on that.

I don't know for sure, but it's very possible that MSFT removes their JVM with XP SP2 to be compliant with that settlement as well.

Get Sun to make a faster JVM...

spoolsv.exe is also messed up on build 2055; it insists I do not have a printer attached & runs at 100% CPU for several minutes.

Take extra care on using Java from Sun, malicious code on the web is flooding around with specific target of J2RE, and possibly also J2ME, as MS is not up[censored] the java code and the OS supports for which anymore, this could becoming more of a potential threat for windows users. Is this some kind of software bullying? I wonder. wink