Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Marker0077

How do I get WinXP drivers in Win2k?

I have a Panasonic KX-P2135 printer but the drivers for it are Win98/Win3.1 & they do not work in Win2k/WinXP. Now the server we have is Win2k (which is where all the shared resources, shared printers, etc; etc. are) & the clients we have are WinXP. The KX-P2130 printer driver that comes with WinXP works just fine, unfortunately I DO NOT want the printer shared via the clients for a few different reasons.

Anyone have any ideas how I can get the WinXP printer driver to Win2k?

I installed the printer on a WinXP system, copied the "Windows\Inf" folder to "WINNT\InfXP" folder (on Win2k OS obviously), then copied the i386 folder that was in the "Driver Cache" folder (which will ONLY BE THERE IF you install the driver in XP first) to the "WINNT\InfXP\i386" folder & voila, works like a charm, bit of a hassle though.

Anyways, I thank you for your time though. I will check that site for drivers from now on, I didn't know about it. I did tons of searching on a variety of engines, I'm surprised that site didn't come up.

No sweat! Glad you got it working!

FYI you have to really dig around to find that site... Google didn't list it very high up.

Cheers!