Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Radioactive Frog

link on IE taskbar????

rite i was wondering {as always} is it possible to put a button on the taskbar of IE to link to a website? i know there is the favourites link but i would like to make a couple of buttons for some regular sites i visit!

is it poss?

if so could someone help me !!

thanks very much in advanced

that looks perfect thanks. The only prob is that i am trying to vreate the button but i am getting an error msg saying

"Please fill in all form elements and select and icon"

well i have selected an icon and i have filled in everything except the bottom bit which says ADD NOW but i have ticked the box but cant figure out what i am meant to do! but if i untick the box the button will creat i just dont know how to add it to the toolbar then

could anyone advise?

thanks

My apologies for not being clearer... I remember when I first tried it it didn't work either.... The program works well but is not exactly intuitive..

Anyway click the link below. It shows 2 screenshots of what you need to do. It's fairly straighforward but you have to do it in the exact order shown.

Also after you add a button you'll need to shutdown and restart Internet Explorer.

Hope this helps..

http://www.sn.sd50.bc.ca/button.rar

Please note this link will only be available for a few days!

Just realised Duhmez had left this PC logged in.... Sorry Duhmez...

Last post was actually from me not from him! LOL (it's ok though.. we're brothers and we are partners in an IT company)

sorted, thanks very much for your help and the images, they where most helpful.

I just gotta find some images a bit more useful that the ie one to use for buttons !!!! - Know anywhere?

thanks again

RF

Actually any icon should work. If you scour the net (via google) you should find many!

Alternately you can make your own. Just use any program to make a 32 X 32 pixel bitmap image. Call it whatever.ico and you can use it.

You can also use the icon for any existing program I believe....

I like to use an existing icon and modify using mspaint.

Take Care