Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lockey

Weird mouse, double click error?

I have a microsoft intellimouse expolorer 3.0, and have been having some problems with it. The problem is that about 20-30% of the single clicks on a folder or file act as double clicks and the file opens. I have tried adjusting the double click speed to no avail, and switching between double click to open folders and single clicks, also with no success. The strange thing about it, is that at first i thought it was a hardware fault, but i recently reinstalled XP pro, and the problem dissappeared for about a month. It has now reappeared again and is really annoying, i have tried upgrading the drivers to the latest version and still the fault persists. Any help on this matter would be really appreciated as i think it is going to send me insane if i don't get it fixed.

Thanks.

I had this problem - I talked to Microsoft support, and they sent me a new mouse, free of charge! The Intellimouse Explorer has a lifetime warranty, so take advantage of it!

It means the mouse button is broken. A teeny little piece of metal is busted and conects/reconnects really uber fast, like a short.

I have a similar problem, but I've tried 3 different rodents - a serial mouse, a ps/2 mouse and a Logitech Optical mouse in PS/2 and USB mode. It's very irritating - any ideas? I have to admit that this is a 98 machine, but I could upgrade to XP if necessary.

ive got this problem and its driving me nuts, do i need proof of purchase or anything? damn mouse

Hey my mouse has started the double-clicking thing, too. Looking on Microsoft's website, the only telephone support number I can find are the following:

Options Phone Number

90 days unlimited support at no charge. (425) 635-7040*

Paid Support is available for $35 U.S. (800) 936-5700

*Long distance charges apply.

Is there any way I could get one of you to tell me a free number to call Microsoft? If I want to pay $35 for support, I might as well use that $35 to go out and buy a new Logitech mouse, ya know?

If not, thanks anyway. I'm glad I'm not the only one whose Intellimouse 3.0 is becoming worthless.