Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
pr-man

Guys Please help stop lockups on Final Fantasy 8 under XP

ok I have reinstalled the game fresh, tried new video card drivers etc nothing helps. I get lockups after starting to play the game between 5-15 mins but it locks whole system up and have to reset system. all other games run fine with no problems. Can Someone help?

ok got some new info hope this helps. If i go into FF8 config I see that my card passes every d3d test except 8 bit paletted textures. also if I change game to quarter screen I can play all day no lockup, run it in full screen and lockups as usual. Any ideas?

Did you patch it? The latest patch for it fixes just about eveything.

If it has the latest patch, I'd guess it's a driver issue; update the video drivers, or, if alrready current, downgrade video drivers.

Of course, only do that if you have the game patched up first.

The junction system is cool, but it sux how the game forces you to do the summons constantly, way too many times, too long too watch.

Maybe it's your video card? i have a geforce 4 ti 4600 and i never had any lockup.

Another thing... as far as i know, there are 2 patches out there... one for the geforce users and another for the non geforce user... which one did you get?

the one for non geforce users. I think I fixed it by running the game in win95 mode with my desktop at 16 bit

BTW my vid card is a Radeon 9500 softmodded to a 9700 np so thats no slouch