Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Masterfinn

Can't Access INTERNET

HI,

I have a computer that is haveing troubles accessing the internet.

I have three computers all hooked together through a Linksys router. A friend asked me to take a look at their computer cause it could not get on the internet so I hooked it up through my router like I do with so many machines in the past and sure enough no interent.

I have tired the following:

- manually setting connection speed

- trying different nic

- trying another cable

- disable/enable internet connection firewall

- trying DCHP and static IP's

- try to connect directly to internet(no router)

- blowing away all network settings and redo them

- enableing IPX/SPX and NetBios

- enableing Netbeui

All these attempts have failed to give me inernet access.

I have also took a look in the services, and everything seems to be

started which should, and the event veiwer isnt showing any errors. I also checked the hosts file to see if there was any browser highjacking but nothing, i did a scan with ad-aware just to be safe, and with NortonAV.

Its weird casue when connected to the router I can see and trasfer files to and from all the other computers. Also when you first get connected the icon the taskbar when double clicked shows many packets sent, but 0 recieved. Thats why im thinking it is indeed something with the computer. Im thinkings its a services thats not working or somehting.. If anyone out there can help me please do.. Thanx,

Masterfinn

I think i have it solved, i downloaded a WinsockXPfix utility, as i know sometimes the winsock goes titsup. So i installed that, and when i rebooted it worked!! i was amazed.. after trying everything else. Well i guess thats the only way you learn right..

Masterfinn

Quote:
I think i have it solved, i downloaded a WinsockXPfix utility, as i know sometimes the winsock goes titsup. So i installed that, and when i rebooted it worked!! i was amazed.. after trying everything else. Well i guess thats the only way you learn right..

Masterfinn

That's true. and always satisfying when you solve it yourself.
I would like to mention though that Netbeui is non-routable so it wouldn't have done anything for ya anyways.
glad to see you got it going.
S