Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Recharge

Advertising getting carried away ??

ok, yet another inturusive ad has been added to ntcompatable, it's starting to get annoying..

anyone else agree?

look, I know they have to get cash to keep ther place running, but things are getting beyond a joke now.

just whats the go guys?

new one, pops up before you even enter the site smirk

didn't take notice much, was a VCR or something electronic I think..

it changes, but i've cut them all off, installed panicware *pop up stopper free version.

no more worries..

Personally I find these links within the message text that bring up descriptions when you move the mouse over them far more annoying.. or is it just me? frown

Quote:
Personally I find these links within the message text that bring up descriptions when you move the mouse over them far more annoying.. or is it just me? frown

I find them annoying as well but I just ignore them now and don't hover over them.

Can't seem to get the URL in the status bar because it flashes to the ad so damn fast frown

Well I'd like to say this.

Phillip, I do find ads annoying. Having said this though, I would be willing to pay a yearly subscription fee to the site to see an ad free (or severly reduced ad level) version of the site. Not sure what amount you would think is okay - say $15/year, but I would have no issue paying that for this site as it's a great reference and source of info. Hell, I could write it off as a work expense.

What does everyone else think?

Quote:
What does everyone else think?

I concur with you on this one, I too would pay a yearly subscription to have it totally ad free wink