Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ZoSo

Event Viewer and really long logon time.

Recently my system is taking forever to go from the logon screen to the desktop, takes over a minute, when it used to only take a few seconds. I checked the Event Viewer and there is only one problem showing up under System.

This is what it shows:

Service Control Manager

Event ID 7000

The svchost service failed to start due to the following error:

The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.

When I click on the "For more information,,,,,," link, I get this:

Event ID - 7000

File Name - netevent.dll

Source - Service Control Manager

Type - Error

Other then that the system is running fine, all apps, and networking work.

Any ideas on what this could be?

**UPDATE**

Found this under help and support:

Code:
Details Product: Windows Operating System ID: 7000 Source: Service Control Manager Version: 5.0 Symbolic Name: EVENT_SERVICE_START_FAILED Message: The %1 service failed to start due to the following error: %2. 

Code:
Explanation Service Control Manager (SCM) could not start the specified service, probably because the service is not configured correctly.     User Action Do one or all of the following:-Review the error information displayed in the message.-Verify that the service password has not expired.-Verify that the service is in the correct location.-Verify that the service is not infected with a virus.-To display the WIN32_EXIT_CODE error that SCM encountered when trying to start the program, at the command prompt, typesc query service nameThe information displayed can help you troubleshoot possible causes for the error.If the WIN32_EXIT_CODE is zero, then SCM did not attempt to start the service because the error was detected first.

The problem I'm having now is, that it's not saying what service is not started.

And does anyone know what the netevent.dll is used for? Maybe that can help lead me to the problem.

Thanks,

Ok made a little progress here. I seen that netevent.dll was not loading so I added this string into the registry

C:\WINDOWS\system32\netevent.dll into HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

System seems to boot a litle faster now but I get this error:

iomonkey service failed to start

Anyone ever hear of iomonkey? Couldn't find anything about it at MSTech or through search engines.

iomonkey could be some kind of spyware or something however a google search found another forum with some of the same issues as you but nothing about what this file is or does frown

I found an entry in the registry for iomonkey and got rid of it. No more iomonkey error but the same error as before comes up still even though it's in the registry Run.

This is still stumping me.