Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
duhmez

2k server, static IP, grabbing 10 Ip addresses ?!?!?! ¿¿

My 2k DC forest root, 2 nics set with static IP's. My 2k member server is the dhcp box for the ntwork. I check it's dhcp config and I see the primary DC (with pdc emultaion) has 10 IP address leases. ??

What culd cause this?of note: I disabled the routing and remote access service, and it no longer grabs IP addresses from the DHCP serer. Also of note: None of the addresses it's listed as grabbbing is pingable.

If you had a pool setup in RRAS initially to allocate 10 IPs to outside connections, the server could have been reserving them in advance. If you do have RRAS completely disabled, try canning the leases, or if possible rebooting the server to flush out the requests.

here is what is strange. RRas was not configured to do anything, this was a freshly instaled server 9 months ago, and runs IIS and AD, and that's it. The routing and remote access service was running by default but unconfigured. This machine also is not the DHCP server, it is the only 2k AD controller, the 2k standalone is doing the DHCP duties.

As soon I as did disable RRAS and refreched the IP leases the 10 addresses fir this disappeared. Perhaps more to add to this is i'm getting duplicate name on the network error too, not sure why as there is no duplicate.

Edit: i disabled netbios over TCP/IP and the duplicate name error went away. (netbeui is installed for file and authentication access.