Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
duhmez

Users of Abit "Secure IDE" EIDE PATA dongles!

Ive not used this, but it seems to me if the dongle is in place, then it should. The dongle is in between and transparent to the hardware I assume, which would allow all low level disk access to be performed.

In this case however I would guess the resultant data would not be encrypted anymore as ghost wouyld see the unprotected data.

However, I can't be sure, not used one.

If you wanna know what will happen, and not spend any $$ testing this, make an image using "Partimage"

It is a free drive imaging tool and uses linux as its engine. you can download a bootable ISO (~50 MB) that runs only partimage. Image away and see what happens.

Partimage will also let you do a true sector by sector of unknown filesystems too, so you culd also make an image without the dongle on it and have a protected encrypted image file that if someone restored the image to a drive they would be SOL, but would still work for you with dongle.

(I noticed ghost is rather weak with unsupported filesystems, even with -IA switch and "force sector copy" it would not image a mac drive for instance.)