Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mr.Guvernment

Hey Alec! - automated video card overclocking.. :)

werll, kind of automated - check it out!

Quote:

W1zzard's ATI overclocking tool 0.0.12 is the BOMB!

Come and get it fellas! Its at this [H]ardOCP thread

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=2425018#post2425018

It works great. It has a "find core" and "find memory" overclock feature which will increase the mhz automatically and test each elevation in speed for artifacts automatically as well. There is a little D3D graphics box that pops up which is the artifact tester and after you find your max oc you can use the little D3D box as a benchmark for fps. This is a very nice program. Thanks W1zzard!!! Sorry Nvidiots this is a ATI only proggy

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=2425018#post2425018

that does look like an oldie.

what i was curious of is how the program knows when it has automatically found an error and to lower the clock speed.

i mean why cant the actual ATI and nvidia software do this then so when a system crashes it can say - hey - we found an error in pixel X etc.

Quote:
that does look like an oldie.

what i was curious of is how the program knows when it has automatically found an error and to lower the clock speed.

i mean why cant the actual ATI and nvidia software do this then so when a system crashes it can say - hey - we found an error in pixel X etc.

Well how does it overclock? Does it raise the memory frequency? If it does this and can access the memory directly, it should be able to just do a bunch of writes and reads and make sure the vaules are the same (similar to what memtest86 does). I'm not sure what effect raising the voltage has in overclocking. I would assume that it'd would do the same memory testing though.

Those with 60hz issues, Google Refreshlock. It's a resident program that will automatically set the refresh rate to the maximum possible for that resolution thats supported or a custom if you wish. It works for me.

The program will automatically adjust the memory frequency - or core, which aver you choose - while it does that ot ahs a direct3d window to the left which is testing azs it goes up - no reboothing this and that does it on the fly!

i had my running all last night and it found my best ram to be @ 348.26 - oi saw it go as high as 354 but i guess it was no stable so it automatically goes down until the program will run with out errors.

some info from someone else

Quote:

Quote:
:

Originally posted by Mr.Guvernment

does anyone know exactly how it works?

as in how does it read the error automtically type deals?

Based on the tiny amount of info in the thread over t[h]here, it appearst that he's rendering a cube and constantly comparing it to what it should look like. If any output from the card differs from the reference image, the program can tell how many pixels are wrong (X of ??? pixels) and how wrong they are (delta of X).

The cube (one face of which you see when finding max OC) seems to be made of many different 'blobs' which are scattered throughout the cube to make it seem as though it's solid (based on what it looks like to me anyway ). By using many different textures for the blobs, he can stress the RAM and detect when an error has occured. For GPU testing, it uses somekind of reflection (bicubic refleciton??) that W1zzard said tended to highlight artifacts well.

JigPu

Quote:

Creature of habit here... I feel apps should look like apps, not webpages.

yeah - i want an app that is eqasy to navigate and feels solid - not this stuff that looks like it is opened in and IE window - just seem or looks "unreliable" to me