Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
jmmijo

Users of my APK System Tools for Windows 2002++ SR-5 latest

APK, thanks for the info smile

I personally use MyIE2 along with the Google toolbar, non-advanced version to help with my pop-ups.

Popups are most often opened with javascript, so make sure that is working.

Remember though, you gotta add a feature to disable it because some sites require the popup to go through. )If it does have this feature then ignore, I have not tried it yet) Google toolbar popup stopper does this: When you press ctrl then click the popups are allowed.

Without this feature it can break websites and then it'll have to be unloaded which would be a pain.

If you wanna make it really l33t? Add a domain filter user configurable, if domain = www.goatlove.com, for example, is added to config, then popups there are always allowed.

Quote:

If you wanna make it really l33t? Add a domain filter user configurable, if domain = www.goatlove.com, for example, is added to config, then popups there are always allowed.

Pop-Up Killer has this feature, you can black-list domains with wildcards wink

However it's no longer being updated as the coder couldn't keep up and was looking for it to go open source of some kind...

laugh goatlove.com...

Was reading the post first thing this morning...good for a laugh!

Sad part is, some people probably love the ole goat love heh 8)

Quote:

(Lotus, you're right... nothing sends popups like those "PRON" pages! Heh, just putting up w/ all the popups makes you nuts... I don't see how a guy could stand it using IE!).

It's the best way to test a blocker smile

On a side note, I should have that script for you very soon, been busy with work and girlfriend, sorry for the delay.