Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Stingerstorm

What gives!~ Nforce sound problems

Ok guys so I bought a system a while back, model HP9452. Its a big black compaq tower with an AMD 2200 and Nforce mainboard. For the longest time the onboard sound worked great. Now with my installation of a new power supply and ATI 9800 PRO AIW the sound doesn't work. Well I'm almost sure it worked just after I installed the new toys but still I've never heard of any such conflicts between these.

I've reinstalled the nforce mainboard drivers

I've flashed the bios

I've checked the setup to insure that they're enabled and sure enough they are on IRQ11 so what gives. *PS I'm damn sure this is the last nforce board I buy. MSI all the way!

Any help from you guys would be very welcomed frown

What do you mean by "it doesn't work"

Does it appear in the device manager?

Yes it shows up but needs drivers.

I've been to Nvidia's site and got the new one's but what the hell the board won't use them. It did before....

Did you try to download the drivers from compaq.

You could look inside the box which sound chip is used and get the drivers for it.

This was one of those Discontinued Refub systems model HP9452. Both HP's and Compaq's sites do not list this system.

This is soo $%&@up I've never had an onboard soundcard that XP couldn't install drivers for. Stupid Nforce! I'll never buy another board from them again! ;(