Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
sittnduck

twain32.dll not installed correctly

I have a few Multi function devices (printer, copier, scanner) all HP Psc-500's that work fine under XP PRO and Server 2000. When upgrading to the 2003 server I cannot get the twain32_dll to load. An error mesage generates that says it is not correctly installed. Tried several workarounds, HP's site says it should work if it works with XP PRO. We scan docs on deposit them to a store database on the network using these devices. It does find the printer ok, and in the hardware manager it also shows the scanner portion of the printer.

Any idea's would be appreciated. This is the only problem I have ran into in converting from 2000 server to 2003 server.

Thanks!

I had an issue with my scanner working under 2003 as well.

Two things to check. First, under services, make sure that the Windows Image Aquisition service is started and set to automatic. If it still fails, check to see if the camera and scanners wizard in the control panel detects it.

The second issue I had which drove me mad for quite a while, was that no matter what I did, I could only get it to work with the windows wizards and not with a twain32 interface. The source of the problem? Terminal Services was installed on the PC. If you have that installed, uninstall it. You can still make two administrative connections via remote desktop without Terminal Services installed and my scanner works with the twain interface now too.

Hope this helps.

Thanks! That is exactly what it was. The image aquisition was disabled. Simple fix, but I thnk you very much!

I am having exactly the same problem when trying to get a deskjet 3030 to scan. Keeps coming up with the not being able to detect the twain source. I have tried your solutions, to no avail.