Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
sapiens74

BEST AND WORST GAMES OF 2003!

Post your list of the best and worst games of 2003 and why you picked them. Good reference for games some of us haven't played yet laugh

Best games of the Year:

1. Halo

2. Freelancer

3. Max Payne 2

4. Command and Conquer Generals

Gotta say Halo was GOTY. Looked so good on my system I was drooling, and considering its 2 years old is a testament to the game. Has the best sound and graphics of any game to date. The needler was the funnest weapon I've used in a long time. and watching Covenant aliens run around screaming with a plasma grenade stuck to thier leg was funny.

Freelancer was my suprise of the year. I typically don't like space games, but this one was so well done. Kinda like an RPG in space, and the world was so big, I could travel to and from systems at will. Great Game if you haven't played it

Max Payne 2 was more of the same, with better graphics and cooler bullet time effects. A bit short, but worth the price.

Generals was the Best RTS game of the year. PLaying GLA and having tunnels all over the map, sending in terrorists to blow up buildings was fun. Top it off a Nuke, a Scud and Particle Cannon, which does massive damage. Great game

The Worst of the Year.

1. Deus Ex 2

2. Tomb Raider Angel of Darkness

To call Deus Ex 2 a disappointment is an understatement. How could something so good in the first game, be ripped out? I'll tell you how. Commercial Success. They had to dumb it down for the good ol XBOX. They will probably sell more copies this time around though. yeah for them

Tomb raider always had a special place in my gaming history. I was hoping this game would bring back the feelings I had when I first played Tomb Raider on my Old Win 3.11 machine. That quickly turned to disgust when I encountered the control system. Eidos needs to take lessons from EA on how to churn out mediocre games year after year. At least the EA titles are for the most part playable.

I agree with all the things you mentioned, I thought Halo could have had more performance tweaking, but oh well. Max Payne 2 was good, Jedi Academy was solid, NFS Underground was ok too.

Deus Ex 2 was disappointing. Also Terminator 3 was REALLY BAD, and Contract JACK was terrible, and it follows No One Lives Forever...geeze. Also Medal of Honor Breakthrough was a letdown.

Okay - may be a few - for me - the "best" ones just overall had great graphics - great game play and i can play them over and over! The Worst for me - where games that did not meet their hype - the game play - usually multiplayer was bad - graphics were poor compared to others games i play and bad story lines.

Just so u know - my gaming rig consists of

ATi readeon 9700PRO

P4 2.4 @ 2.98

Asus P4P800

1g Pc3200

And can handle all below game with 8xAA and 16x FSAA. with the max res the game will go.

Best

[*]1. Delta Force Black Hawk Down

[*]2. Rise Of Nations

[*]3. Need For Speed Underground

[*]4. Call Of Duty

[*]5. Max Payne 2

[*]6. Prince of Persia: The Sands Of Time

[*]7. XIII

[/list:u]

Worse

[*]1. Halo - Way over hyped - multiplayer stunk - weapons seemed all the same at the best - graphics could of used tuoching up - but mainly for me was the multiplayer play was horrid! the multiplayer maps were emtpy and boring. - Single player was decent, but again - could use some improvement.

[*]2. X2 - Wolverines Revenge - awful game play - story stank!

[*]3. The Hulk - same as above - was an awfuylknock off - for PS2 seemed better but game just repeats too much!

[*]4. Lord Of The Ring : War Of The Ring - boringggggggg - hack n slash - had some good interaction but i found it another repetative game.

[*]5. Railroad Tycoon 3 - what a let down - i loved railroad tycoon2 - but i think they just tried too hard in this one.

[/list:u]

i could list alot more crappy game,s but too lazy to go through my pile of games.

Don't forget the expansion pack to Medival Total War, Viking Invasion. It's great and it's interesting to see the Saxons ,Picts,Scots,Welsh,Irish,Vikings, and the Maeceons(sp?) . It's still as bloody as always.